1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Xylitol gum?

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by snowy, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

You learn something new every day. I knew that chewing some types of gum helps keep plaque from building up, and I've heard that the action and friction helps keep your teeth clean in a small way. But I didn't know of the "xylitol" benefit. Interesting, I might have to check and see what gums I like have it. I typically chew gum once or twice a day for extra good breath before a sales call, meeting, or the like.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

And there you go. Sorbitol and xylitol.

3. Joniemack

Joniemack Beta brainwaves in session

At my age, that's called a marketing advantage.

• Like Like x 1
  4. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

I've been chewing a piece of Spry after every time I eat something for the past week, and I can't say that it's made much of a difference in that way.

5. cis689

cis689 Slightly Tilted

I seen these Granny's on The Shark Tank making hard candy from it. Looked good to me. Never tried it however.

6. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Thanks for the mention of Mentos Gum. I tried it this week and liked it. One of the kids I work with has a sister on chemo and it's killing her breath and oral hygiene because of the white cell issue. She like the Mentos Gum and her docs said to go for it... We'll see how it goes. I just keep an eye on how many pieces I chew in a day, though.

• Like Like x 1