1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Yahoo! says you only need to know 4 dog breeds, and everyone fits with one of them. Do you?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Borla, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Stick

Stick Vertical

I've never heard of an Australian shepherd - and I've lived in Oz for 51 years. You learn something new every day. Kelpies are good dogs, they're great with sheep. Blue heelers tend to be one person dogs - They can be absolute bastards if they don't like you. (It might have something to do with the dingo mix in the bloodline). Personally, I prefer the Blueys.

2. Daniel_

Daniel_ The devil made me do it...

I'd go with a Border Collie, a Lab (not yellow), a GSD, or a spaniel probably. From that list, only the Australian Shepherd dog looks interesting, but not really one I like.

3. fill23ca

fill23ca Vertical

My daughter is autistic and was very hands on with our dog when she first came into our house. Being a small dog she didn't like it and she has a long memory. No biting, but some growling.