1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

You know you're getting old when....

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by Baraka_Guru, Nov 4, 2011.

1. greywolf

greywolf Slightly Tilted

When you realise that the Beatles' first recording was released 50 years ago.

2. DAKA

DAKA DOING VERY NICELY, THANK YOU

You have no trouble falling asleep at 10 pm, but there you are at 3 am watching junk on TV till you get tired again and sleep from 5 to 7 am

3. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

When Cartoon Network is celebrating its 20th birthday.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

When you remember that Motel 6's got their name by being $6 a night and Super 8's were $8.

• Like Like x 1
  5. SirLance

SirLance Death Therapist

When you step into an elevator and realize that the shit you grooved to in high school has been elevator music for 30 years....

• Like Like x 2
  6. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

When you've spent your whole career trying to show how long you've worked in the industry,
    and now...you start refraining from adding more numbers...

7. Indigo Kid

Indigo Kid Getting Tilted

Whoa, rogue49...that's too true! I've been told that I have too much experience at the last 4 interviews and that's pretty intense. I had to dumb down my resume and shave a few years here & there and yep - I did get the new job. The hair color job didn't hurt either/ hey whatever it takes!!

You consistantly post good stuff for some of us who are b'boomers and not too burnt out to mind!

8. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

To quote Leonard Cohen:

"I ache in the places where I used to play"

• Like Like x 2
  9. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

My dad tried to tell me this, and I didn't believe him.:rolleyes:

10. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

Hahaha. That is cute. The rooms were at least $15 by the time Tully Mars made his appearance (and myself as well as my parents told me the whys of the funny motel names.)

11. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

You know you're getting old when your 12 y.o. nephew doesn't know who Andy Taylor and Barney Fife are.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Joniemack

Joniemack Beta brainwaves in session

You know you're really getting old when your Facebook ads are all about dentures, DIY plastic surgery, and 20% off burial expenses if you make arrangements now.

13. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

I guess I am not that old because I use an ad blocker and never see ads on Facebook.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Joniemack

Joniemack Beta brainwaves in session

Still more likely than Mick Jagger. I mean, what a dolt for agreeing to provide his vocals at the end if he was really the subject of the song. Then again, vain men have a problem with seeing themselves in any light but a good one.
    --- merged: Oct 16, 2012 7:53 AM ---
    Yeah, what's an ad blocker? :D

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2012
  15. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

Nope. The Motel 6 in Oregon was 6 bucks until the mid to late 70's.

16. GeneticShift

GeneticShift Show me your everything is okay face.

I'm not that old even, but re-shelving books in the kids section last night made me feel SO old. When I was younger, there were 5 different American Girl dolls. Now, there are 15, as counted by the different characters on the book.

17. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

When the music you grew up listening to is on vh1 classic

18. When you wake up in the morning and it feels like someone beat the shit out of you overnight.

• Like Like x 3
  19. shanifaye

shanifaye Dominissive

I have noticed that lately, there are times when I just do not want to drive around with radio turned all the way up...

20. Freetofly

Freetofly Diving deep into the abyss

When your 22 yr old daughter runs up 6 flights of steps without stopping, with her yelling "Mom where are you"? I really wasn't that far behind her, but felt it in my knees this morning.

• Like Like x 1