1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Your Blanket Situation

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by snowy, Mar 31, 2012.

1. hope4love

hope4love Slightly Tilted

My new SO and I don't seem to have a problem with the blanket situation. We have a king size bed and comforter/duvet. And even though he is always cold, I do not feel like he pulls the blanket off of me at all. I actually sleep much better when at his house then when alone in my own bed. :D

2. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

I don't like separate blankets as it interferes with snuggling. We have awesome SuPima cotton sheets on our king bed, a king duvet, and I throw an extra twin duvet over my side. The top sheet is a little bigger than most king-sized, but as much of a blanket hog as S can be sometimes, the extra duvet keeps me from being cold. I can't sleep when cold or when I don't have some extra weight on top. Neither I us are burrowers or cocooners, so we're good. It's the pillows that cause problems :)

3. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

We tried something new last night to deal with the space underneath the duvet between us--I put a body pillow in it. My husband has gotten in the habit recently of curling up a lot, and he sometimes bumps his knee into my knee when doing so--my knee with a sensitive scar. It makes me wake up howling. This pillow seemed to work. He didn't like it, but I think it helped me a lot.

4. Pixel

Pixel Getting Tilted

My mother in law crocheted an afghan for our king size bed that is about 15 feet square. I could burrito up in the thing and my wife still has plenty.

5. Shadowex3

Shadowex3 Very Tilted

I've got a queen sized bed-shaped-object at the moment which, like my two twin* and one queen sized blankets, I have all to myself. I can say right now though that I'll have problems with this because I'm one of those snorkel-sleepers... I yank the blankets up over my head on my side or stomach and wrap my face on my back, so just my nose winds up sticking out. I have no idea how that's going to work with another body in the bed.

*My mother made one of them, by hand, when I was an infant. It also happens to be amazingly comfortable.