1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Your Favorite Voices?

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by Japchae, May 2, 2014.

1. redux

redux Very Tilted

Agreed!

I'm getting hooked on Margo Timmins of Cowboy Junkies as well.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

johnny cash

• Like Like x 3
  3. AlterMoose

AlterMoose Slightly Tilted

Thanxz for the tip! I shall have to check it out.

Also, Sharon den Adel. Within Temptation is the opposite of easy listening, and her voice very effectively conveys a depth and rawness of emotion that's very therapeutic.

Last edited: May 15, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Dionysus

Dionysus New Member

Bass voices are my favorite. A few that come to mind are Josh Turner, Johnny Cash, Jamey Johnson, and Crash Test Dummies.

5. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

There was a woman in my lit class a few years back that I LOVED to listen to. Her cadence, her tone...it was perfect.

Professionally, and, uh, singing-wise. I adore Karen Carpenter, even though she didn't really sing my type of music. I'd also have to go with Ann Wilson, Josh Turner (seriously, when he hits that low note.........it does things to me), and Michael Stipe.

6. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

I've seen 7N more times than I can count, the music started sucking about 7 years ago, but Kirk's voice and Dan's fiddle will always be one of my favorite combinations. Especially the live version of "Under the Milky Way" from their St Pat's album.

• Like Like x 1
  7. AlterMoose

AlterMoose Slightly Tilted

On a really good day I can hit the high notes like in Sweet Orphan & Our Day Will Come, but most days I just end up wishing I could sound like him.
    I do look almost as good in a kilt, though.
    Almost.

8. fattyjack New Member

Annie Lennox:rolleyes: