1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Your feelings on marijuana...

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by pWf, Apr 21, 2013.

• Like Like x 1
  1. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

• Like Like x 1
  2. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

Not really....:cool:

3. supafly

supafly New Member

Smoking Marijuana is legal where I live (in the Netherlands).
    It's more popular with the tourist than with the locals.
    It doens't do much for me, the first few times you need to laugh a lot, after that you just become passive and hungry.

4. ralphie250

Note to self need to visit the Netherlands.

5. clarksdale

clarksdale Vertical

The cover story two Sundays ago in the New York Times Magazine was about the development of a low desire pill for women. There were hundreds and hundreds of comments for the story online - another topic, probably. (Sad how many people, especially women, had just given up on sex and never wanted to deal with it again.) But one comment caught my attention - it was from a middle aged woman who said she and her husband had started to engage in couples sex with others and that it had been great for their sex life and their marriage. But what caught my eye was her suggestion that better than a pill was their use of marijuana cookies - she waxed eloquent about how great they were for an evening of sex. I must say, I really wanted to meet that woman.

• Like Like x 1
  6. mixedmedia

mixedmedia ...

But there are rarely implications to having alcohol in your system, just illegal drugs. If we started firing people for getting popped for alcohol it would cause a national crisis. The liability angle really doesn't hold water when you consider alcohol.

7. mixedmedia

mixedmedia ...

That was supposed to be a reply to sir lance but something weird happened.

8. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

A lot of my customers do random drug testing that includes alcohol. For most of them a first offense means you get fired unless you agree to rehab. And for most of them a second offense is being fired no matter what.

Although it is kind of apples to oranges at least a little, since alcohol leaves your system much quicker than many drugs they test for. But I do know for a fact they enforce the alcohol thing. But that is usually in manufacturing environments where being a little buzzed can mean serious injury to you or others.

9. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

If you show for work at an already potentially dangerous factory or industrial setting with enough alcohol in your blood stream to register on a breathalyser or other test then you should face some serious penalties.
    I never touch the stuff myself but have no problem with people enjoying such things. The phrase "enjoy responsibly" certainly does apply though.

10. mixedmedia

mixedmedia ...

But when you consider the very large segment of the employed who don't work in labor or manufacturing, but office jobs, who can be fired for smoking on their own time and not for drinking, it just doesn't add up.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

I agree. But I will tell you that there are many times I've smelled alcohol on people's breath in the morning from the night before.

Just to be clear, I'm not arguing that anyone should be fired for taking drugs on their own time, if the effects of those drugs are clearly worn off before they go to work. Just pointing out that alcohol is included in any drug policy I've seen.

Also, with most of those same companies (and my own), office workers are supposed to be fired or face rehab if they show up with alcohol in their system too. But the risk of them being injured or damaging something (usually the cause for a test) is fairly low.

12. ralphie250

What's worse for an employer?
    1. Coming to work with a massive hangover.
    2. Smoking pot the night before.

Here lies the question. Would you fore someone for doing something on their own time and it having no affect at work the next day, or coming to work hung over as hell and everyone noticing it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. I must admit Ralphie, I was cycling to the station to go to work one morning when I realized I was still pissed from the night before. I made it into work, white faced and shaking - spent several hours trying to work between bouts of vomiting and crawled off home early. Aint ever been like that with a smoke the night before.
    Seems that, smoking you giggle at the ugly people, whilst drunk you might find them briefly amazingly attractive and sleep with them.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Despite how I'm for legalization for practical reasons, I generally find marijuana and the slovenly subculture that materializes around it to be pretty pathetic and disgusting. I blame D.A.R.E. for my wildly irrational feelings on the topic.

That and it's blatantly obvious that 78% of TFP has a Cheech and Chong t-shirt in their closet somewhere, so this thread might as well be in Tilted Politics next to a gun control thread.

So, yeah, it's okay to enjoy whatever on occasion, but you should never let it impact your relationships or your employment.

15. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

Pfft. I've met Tommy Chong and have an autographed copy of his book.

16. View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDVmgUeFkE0

'Most marijuana smokers are Negroes, Hispanics, jazz musicians, and entertainers. Their satanic music is driven by marijuana, and marijuana smoking by white women makes them want to seek sexual relations with Negroes, entertainers, and others. It is a drug that causes insanity, criminality, and death — the most violence-causing drug in the history of mankind.' - Anslinger - who probably should have been drowned at birth.

17. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Bingo.

What I like about this statement is that it can be generalized to lots of things--video games, for example.

18. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

That and maybe the "keep that shit to yourself" rule. Everybody violates it, sure, but let's be honest: Nobody out there really gives a shit how __buzz word for buzzed__ you are.

I might get sauced and babble about it once in a blue moon, but my experience with stoners is that they can't fucking shut up about their magical plant. Enough, goddamnit.

19. SirLance

SirLance Death Therapist

Everyone I've worked for and consulted for has a no drugs in the workplace policy that includes alchohol. Show up impaired, be shown the door. This applies to everyone, manufacturing, office, etc. It's very common and commonly enforced.

In a practical sense, I think it should be legalized. The cartels are a replay of the mafia, and the mafia got it's power from prohibition.