1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Your feelings on marijuana...

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by pWf, Apr 21, 2013.

1. mixedmedia

mixedmedia ...

I'm not even going to pretend (again) that this scenario relates to my comments about how alcohol use and marijuana use are treated differently when it comes to employment. Sorry, if it were true, then at least half of the tfp membership would be unemployed.

And i smoked pot everyday for 20+ years of my life and i never sat around talking about weed nor did anyone i smoked with. We talked about the same things i talk about now. Maybe it has more to do with the company you keep.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
  3. mixedmedia

mixedmedia ...

Boy, must have been really, really bad.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Leto

Leto Slightly Tilted

searched for and found this thread so, i'll just post this here. Ontario has moved to establish a controlled retail distribution network for recreational marijuana (attached article) which looks like it will be run under the auspices of the liquor control board of Ontario (LCBO). the Ontario Cannabis Retail Corporation (OCRC) will start with 40 stores spread around the province. No word on pricing yet, but the effective date is July 1, 2018 (Happy Canada Day!).

LCBO announces first 14 cities to have legal recreational marijuana shops | Toronto Star

• Like Like x 5
  5. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Bingo!

-----------

As many others have posted:

Just figure out a way to regulate it, tax it, and make it legal. I'd add allowing folks to grow it in small quantities for personal use.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. SirLance

SirLance Death Therapist

As an employer, someone coming to work hung over or drunk is just as much a safety hazard as someone who comes to work stoned. No difference. You're not getting on that fork lift, buddy. We'd offer rehab, but on a second offense would terminate.

7. Leto

Leto Slightly Tilted

Where I worked, if anybody had a drink at lunch (beer, wine etc) they could not return to the office. Dupont safety culture rules. (I didn't work at dupont, I worked at a gas company that adopted the culture). As far As I am concerned, you can't be intoxicated at work.