1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Your local radio station...

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by cynthetiq, Oct 16, 2011.

1. sgbsteve

sgbsteve Getting Tilted

I normally listen to our local FM talk station [​IMG]Its all local talk except the morning show which is from Miami so they are semi local. If I'm not listening to them I could be anywhere on the dial.

2. uncle phil

uncle phil Moderator Emeritus (and sorely missed) Staff Member Donor

3. Carbonic

Carbonic Getting Tilted

[​IMG]

I mainly listen to http://www.wbez.org/ which is Chicago's Public Radio station (as the_jazz mentioned before me). I don't normally listen to the radio unless I'm driving though. When at home, if I'm not listening to a specific album I'll listen to podcasts of public radio shows, turntable.fm, Pandora, or Last.fm radio. I've started using Spotify a bit, but the ads are frequent enough to be annoying and I haven't noticed much variety in their "radio" offerings.

4. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

What is a bit odd to me is when I play songs on youtube when I have the full album already sitting on my hard drives. Rather than load the nice full quality versions (usually lossless like FLAC /APE/Hybrid Wavpack) I just play the usually decent sounding version on youtube. Must be a convergence thing.
    Which reminds me - Peter Cetera's 1986 LP Solitude/Solitaire has both "Glory of Love" and "The Next Time I Fall (in love)" on it. :) I just have to finish breaking it into individual tracks and tag the Wavpack files then.

5. SuburbanZombie

SuburbanZombie Housebroken

The last FM radio station I listened to recently got swallowed up by an AM sports radio channel that wanted an FM signal to "stay competitive". Out of all the crap radio stations around here, they just had to pick the one good one left. Now the AM/FM button is like an appendix in my car, its there but for no discernible reason.

Sirius/XM - Little Steven's Underground Garage is what I listen to just about all the time now. Will switch between First Wave, Alt Nation, 20 on 20 and BPM occasionally. If any of those aren't working for me, I have a USB thingy with about 50 albums on it as a backup.

I did try listening to talk radio for awhile as I am on the road all day and had heard others say they liked talk radio when driving distances. Found out quickly that the idiots on the road coupled with the idiots blathering on the radio was too much. I was alternating between screaming at the radio and the other cars on the road. Not relaxing in the least.

6. I listen to Radio From Hell on my drive in the morning: http://www.x96.com/radiofromhell.php
    During the workday at home, I usually listen to classical music on BYU's radio station: http://www.classical89.org
    During the workday at the office, I'll usually listen to a classical or New Age station on Pandora or Rhapsody.
    If I'm driving and not listening to my mp3 player, my tastes vary - I have alternative, oldies, country, rock, and light stations on my radio dial. If my soccer team is playing, I'll listen to sports radio prior to the game./

7. m0rpheus

m0rpheus Getting Tilted

I didn't mind the show when Jason Barr was part of it, he seemed to be the voice of reason. Now that he's gone it's just two manchildren being idiots for hours on end.
    They used to stream the Ongoing History, but it was taken down due to copyright laws apparently.

8. cj2112

cj2112 Slightly Tilted

It's only online, but when I lived in the LBC, it was 105.5 KNAC, now it's www.knac.com