1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Your own worst enemy...

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by rogue49, Nov 20, 2013.

1. itwasme

itwasme But you'll never prove it.

I have a slight hearing problem and occasionally miss a word or two. My boss once was looking for a box of something to put away but couldn't find it. When he asked me about it, I told him I already put it away. He asked something else - and I said, "Well, NO, I didn't taste it first." The shocked/confused look on his face told me that wasn't what he asked. My coworker (who knew about my hearing) couldn't stop laughing.

2. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Diddo
    Now try another 20 years doing the exact same thing... :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2014
  3. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

Second on this.
    Could even eff up your relationship. (My spouse stays up too late. Has to get up early for work, comes home, falls asleep on the couch, rinse, repeat. I've stopped bitching about it...but at what cost?)

4. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Well, I was talking about myself...and I don't know if it's done anything to my relationships, my SOs just rolled their eyes at me.
    But it has made me fatigued often...and playing catch-up or putting out fires.
    But I'm getting better, I do lists now...various things to remind me, like on my iPhone.
    And I just did a sleep study, but we don't believe I have sleep apnea...just a skewed bio-rhythm...
    so I have to figure out how to slow myself on a schedule.

But to give her the benefit of the doubt, people in their late teens to mid-twenties tend to have a 2-hour shift later.
    So they stay up later and sleep later...it's natural.
    However, the world is ruled by old people...and they go to bed early...and get up early.

Me, I now get up earlier...have done so since around 35...whether I choose to or not.
    But I still go to bed late...I can't stop my mind...so I have to teach myself how to "let go".

I understand your spouse...I'm the same.
    And I've had SOs who are more "disciplined" or morning people be on a different schedule than me. Everyone is different.
    Just because you have an obligated schedule...doesn't mean your body follows it naturally.

But now...I'm on a strict business schedule...I have to make it adjust...but it isn't easy.
    It's like I'm a natural vampire...but most of the world doesn't work on that time.

The procrastination is just because I'm a lazy ass at home.
    I hate dealing with shit.
    No excuses.

5. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

My sleep cycle is beyond hope. Actually it is only bad when I am in the eastern time zone. Out West or overseas, I have no problems waking up early. And there is a good chance it is caused by #2.

#2. I am addicted to being on-line. It is bad, but I have been this way for 14 or 15 years now. If being an alcoholic can cause the same problems in your life that using the internet too much (and needing to find a connection when yours at home goes out), it is a problem. Watching too much TV is another thing that can get out of hand.

#3. Not focused on finishing projects and stuff around the house. It might be cleaning or a home improvement project, I like planning and starting them, but completing them before something else comes up is a problem.

At this point, I don't know what I should do. If I continue on the path I am on, it won't get me to a very happy place. There are big risks in trying something different. And knowing how far behind I am in getting things done (it would take 4-6 months if I didn't have a job to get things organized and built), I'm not sure I could focus enough on a new business to make it work right now.