1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Food Your State's Signature Food

Discussion in 'Tilted Food' started by redux, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Heh. My two states rank 6 and 7. I've only had gumbo here once, in a fabulous restaurant in NOLA. The local places scare me. It was amazing though.
    Key lime pie done correctly can be awesome, but so many people really don't use proper key limes (yes, they taste way different from regular limes!). I'm incredibly picky about key lime pie... Almost to the point of snobbery, ha ha.

2. FreeVerse

FreeVerse Screw Tilted, I'm all the way upside down.

Chicagoland born and raised, have always HATED Chicago style pizza. HELLO - see the CORN field right over there? - why didn't they say corn something instead of freaking Chicago style pizza, that you can't get outside the city proper without it being even worse crap than it is inside the city. NYC pizza all the way for this Chicago gal. If I want something from this area, I'm hitting Gene & Judes in River Grove for a dog & fries.

3. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

Singapore has a number of famous dishes, but I'd have to say, Chicken Rice is number one. It's a little subtle for most foreigners.