1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Your "type"

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by Herculite, May 12, 2014.

1. Herculite

Herculite Very Tilted

Fat guys in movies don't tend to get the girls either.

http://www.funnymemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Funny-memes-real-men-have-curves.jpg

Yes it IS easier for men, but only marginally. I know when I went from 225ish game jockey to 180ish and hit the gym often I suddenly became a sex object to women where I wasn't before. My particular hobby lets me see this first hand. I was the same guy intelligence wise, I told the same jokes, same kinda stories, and had the same education.

There are a lot of hard wired genetic factors that go into physical attraction and those are actually pretty universal among most people.

People tend to find their "level". Very charismatic people, celebrities and the wealthy can move "up" in the looks scale in partners (in quality too), and the opposite can force good looking people "down" but generally couples are matched.

Ugh, abs are hard to do for me. I figure I'd need to be 175 to start to see them and I'm already at a 33 inch waist. Mmmm maybe I can get a padded suit :p

2. Pookybear777

Pookybear777 New Member

I have three totally different types physically. I like guys with brown floppy hair, dimples, blue eyes, freckles, and not huge feet. I like emo guys that are British with blue eyes and black hair and a lip peircing. I also like Mexican guys that act like country guys.

3. DamnitAll

DamnitAll Wait... what?

I find myself most attracted to masculine men with short hair and feminine women with long (darker) hair. Go figure.

4. hamsterball

hamsterball Seeking New Outlets

If by masculine you mean hairy, I'm right near by...

:D

5. Dionysus

Dionysus New Member

I like rugged men, no pretty boys or metrosexual types. I want a man that is a protector and a provider; someone not afraid to get his hands dirty, who can build/fix things, and can hunt and fish. Antiquated and stereotypical? Probably, but they still have to respect my opinions and treat me like an equal.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

My wife leans that way. She sees the ripped male models commonly used in ads these days, and says "Nice to look at, but......meh."
    --- merged: May 18, 2014 at 1:18 PM ---
    It seems that seersucker also comes in dark blue and in checks. If I've ever seen either one, I didn't notice.

Maybe I'm old school, but I don't care for the cinched waistline look, especially when it causes the lapels to 'flare.' IMO it looks like the jacket is too small & poorly tailored. I have no problem with the look as long as the jacket/coat fits nice & snug without looking too small, and it doesn't 'bunch up.'

Some tight jackets/coats look good when properly tailored. Tim Gunn wears the most impeccably tailored suits that I have ever seen, which I suppose isn't surprising because he is Tim Gunn.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  7. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

I love Tim Gunn.
    He knows how to make people look good no matter what the body type.
    He also is willing to go out side the standard fashion designs.
    His commentary on super hero costumes are priceless.

In the last one they are talking about how fashion designers are getting involved with comics and there is even a book where Tim is a super hero.
    I have to say there are some super heroes who would be my type.
    I even wrote a story with one.

8. OtherSyde

OtherSyde Slightly Tilted

Mmmm... Scruffy man meat ahoy!

Ralph-at-camp.jpg redneck4.jpg

These boys know what sexy is!

• Like Like x 1
  9. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

I can't unsee.

• Like Like x 5
  10. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Uh... @OtherSyde I think she meant scruffy not scary...you're mixin' you "scry" words. ;)
    NTTAWWT...I'm sure there's some nice peeps who want to squeal like a pig with them. (sometimes, that's the best stuff)
    Good ol'boys...and Good ol'gals.
    Make good new youngins.
    Breeders.

I ain't sure one yet.

11. Dionysus

Dionysus New Member

@OtherSyde those pictures are HOT. When daddy gets back from Walmart I'm gonna let him stick my panties to the side of the trailer.

Did Mom forget to wash your skinny jeans again?

• Like Like x 1
  12. snowy

I figured out one thing I don't want in a man or woman: a mullet.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Chris Noyb

Did you say mullet?

[​IMG]

14. snowy

Yuck, yuck, yuck, yuck.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Chris Noyb

Billy Ray, now better known as Miley's leech daddy, has tried more looks than.......just about anyone you can name, male or female. I really liked his Greasy Junkie look (not!). No wonder he was never taken seriously as decent songwriter, discarding Achy Breaky Heart which he actually wrote as a joke.

• Like Like x 1
  16. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

Hey, there is nothing wrong with a mullet.
    It's functional, easy to maintain, and and can look very professional if you put the back in a tail.
    It just got a bunch of haters because of the people who wore them.
    Bad press does not a bad haircut make.
    Call me white trash if you want but business in the front, party in back for me.

17. snowy

I much prefer my men with hair long all over. Or in layers. But I dislike the harsh transition a mullet requires.

18. Chris Noyb

Around our area some guys from a certain country sport what I call the severe mullet--A fade (the kind that looks like an old fashioned flattop left a little longer on top) with a long pony tail.

19. Stan

Stan Resident Dumbass

Bald with a pony tail is common around here. Not sure that's the look for me.

20. snowy

Also very common here. It works on some guys, but rarely. I'd prefer a good clip all over in that case.