1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

your work commute

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ralphie250, Oct 29, 2013.

1. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

First of all as the originator of this thread I really don't care where it goes.

With that said, yeah the drive dosent brother me and the $$ is well worth it. And its going back yo what I love.

My cheese has moved so to speak.

• Like Like x 1
  2. boink

boink Slightly Tilted

I can get to work in 15 minutes, 5 of that is freeway. Maybe 20 home bound, I don't take the freeway rought home, ppl too aggressive on the way home. I'm on the low miles per year discount and my co worker calls me 5 mile bubble boy.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

In the past 6 years, I've worked from home.
    Now I'm on a gig that's mostly WFH, but once every 2 weeks I go in. Takes about an hour. Not too bad of traffic.

But I've done worse...
    Car, bus, metro
    Car, train, metro, walk
    Car, train, metro
    Car...with full hour of stop and go traffic.

But one was a car a mile away and it was bad because they didn't hesitate to call me in anytime, all hours of the day, because they could.

4. fflowley

fflowley Don't just do something, stand there!

Recently I've been working in an office about 50 minutes away by car. I do it once or twice a week.
    My usual office is a quick bike ride away.
    I don't like the long ride. It chews up available free time and I'm stiff and sore after a few days of spending almost 2 hours per day in the car.
    And I'l add that my drive is on stress free rural roads. For those battling traffic and hostile drivers on long commutes I don't know how you do it.