1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Americans want Reagan right now. Poll....

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by Eddie, Nov 1, 2011.

1. redux

redux Very Tilted

Only if you cherry pick polls and ignore the majority of them in favor of the one with which you agree.

2. Eddie Getting Tilted

I'm thinking the folks in the polls I posted would disagree with you.
    --- merged: Nov 1, 2011 10:26 PM ---
    I think every poll has a certain amount of merit. Some are more biased than others, of course.

3. redux

redux Very Tilted

I would suggest that polls asking about dead presidents have less merit than those on the issues that folks care about. You know the ones I mean. Those that you chose to ignore.

4. Derwood

Derwood Slightly Tilted

And I'm betting if you actually quizzed those polled about what Reagan actually did, they would probably fail the quiz

• Like Like x 1
  5. Eddie Getting Tilted

Haters gonna hate.

6. redux

redux Very Tilted

Eddie...your link from the uber conservative Ashcroft Institute (John Ashcroft) reminded me of when Ashcroft was Attorney General and ordered the "Spirit of Justice" statute covered at DOJ briefings when photographers would photograph him with his head just below her boob.

http://polisat.com/ashcroft/ihideyoubabe.html

/ end threadjack

I would rather discuss those more relevant polls you continue to ignore, but I guess that is not gonna happen.

Blaming the "haters" rather than discussing the facts that dont support your position is the easy way out.

7. Eddie Getting Tilted

Well, this thread is dedicated to the legacy of the greatest President in the history of the U.S. If you'd like to discuss something else then start a thread and I will participate in it.

8. redux

redux Very Tilted

9. Eddie Getting Tilted

10. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

Does this thread include a discussion on the failure of Reagonomics, or is this just a discussion of all the feel-good views people have of a largely misunderstood presidency?

11. Eddie Getting Tilted

Sure, go ahead, but I won't be participating in Reagan bashing.

12. uncle phil

uncle phil Moderator Emeritus (and sorely missed) Staff Member Donor

love ya, derwood...

ronnie raygunz appointed this guy, then manipulated the verdict:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Donovan#cite_note-0

doesn't take a genius to read between the lines...

13. the_jazz

the_jazz Accused old lady puncher

Oh, so you want positive comments only?

Yeah, not really part of a mature discussion. If you didn't want discussion, you should have put this in Found On The Net. Should I move it there for you?

(oh, and there were still 4 polls quoted, not 3 - it takes a big man to admit he was wrong. Guess we know what that means about you.)

14. Baraka_Guru

I'm not talking about bashing; I'm talking about critiques. I'm talking about measurable outcomes of his presidency, not making fun of him.

You don't have to participate either way. I was just wondering what direction you wanted the thread to go. I could start a separate Reaganomics thread if you intended this one to be about conservative nostalgia.

15. Eddie Getting Tilted

Don't matter to me. You do what you gotta do.

16. Joniemack

Joniemack Beta brainwaves in session

The guy suffered from Alzheimer's for a good part of his last term. If that earns him "Greatest President in the history of the US" status than it's safe to say that you don't place the bar very high. Anything good that came out of his last term was probably Nancy's doing. And that is not bashing, it's merely a now known fact.

Anecdotal: I was a team member on a pub quiz recently. The question was: name the last 10 US Presidents. I think there were 8 of us on the team. All but one of us remembered every president but Reagan. I have no idea what that means.
    --- merged: Nov 1, 2011 11:22 PM ---
    I think that might be an oxymoron.

17. Baraka_Guru

If you actually meant to say it's a redundancy, then I'm inclined to agree.

18. redux

redux Very Tilted

I worked in the Senate for two years during the Reagan era and recall my boss, Sen. Jennings Randolph, always the southern gentleman and never one for harsh criticism, describing Reagan as amiable.

Waxing nostalgic...Washington was a much more collegial place back then, not only with respect to the partisan differences in Congress, but relations between the opposition party in Congress and the White House as well.

19. Joniemack

Joniemack Beta brainwaves in session

Oops, yes I did. It's definitely not an oxymoron.

20. ring

ring

I dunno, Derwood. I live in a small town in the midwest.
    Lots of folks gather round the check-out counter at the Kwik-Trip and collectively mumble their mantra:
    "We gotta get rid o' that nigger muslim Hussein Obamma"

The Reagan I knew, would have been right on board with that line of tripe.