1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Gadhafi regime crumbling...and fast

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by Baraka_Guru, Aug 21, 2011.

1. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

You really have no clue, do you?

Seriously: Where do you get that from? Mr. Beck, is that you?

The American Revolution: It was just a massive push to secure and enrich the slave trade.

2. Eddie Getting Tilted

lol, nice comeback

3. Baraka_Guru

Comeback? I'm serious.

What makes you think the Arab Spring targets non-Muslims?

4. Eddie Getting Tilted

Arabs across the middle east are sick and tired of watching their leaders sign deals and make agreements with the non-muslim infidels. These are the same muslims who took to the streets by the hundreds of thousands and cheered the collapse of the WTC. They don't want to be friends with the western world, they want us destroyed, period end of story. And they're methodically getting rid of any leader who stands in the way of jihad and the extermination of Israel.

5. Baraka_Guru

[​IMG]

6. Eddie Getting Tilted

The muslims are going to stick together because they all have the same enemy; the west. The people of the middle east are rising up and if their leaders aren't on board with jihad, they'll get rid of them.

That's why you see Karzai coming forward with statements like this because he knows if he doesn't he could be the next Gadhafi:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/24/w...ould-back-pakistan-in-a-conflict-with-us.html

7. Baraka_Guru

Yeah, because Karzai is representative of the Arab Spring.

Keep 'em coming. This is great.

8. Eddie Getting Tilted

No, he's not, but he knows if he doesn't get on board he could be the next fool drug behind a pickup truck and shot in the head.

9. Baraka_Guru

For failing to target infidels? Did I get that right?

10. Eddie Getting Tilted

For failing to make his allegiance clear.

11. Baraka_Guru

Libya descended into civil war and Gaddafi is dead because he was a little foggy on his foreign relations policy. Suuuure.....

12. Eddie Getting Tilted

I like this new tone from you, Baraka. It's much better than your ultra-serious persona.

Look, you need to be able to read between the lines. Not everything is black and white. And the simple fact that the first thing the new Libyan leadership does is enact Sharia law pretty much says it all.

13. Baraka_Guru

If you cannot see the irony of this statement, then I don't know what else to say to you about this.

If this is intentional, then I applaud you. I'm always concerned that perhaps irony is dead. But every so often, I see a glowing example of how it's still thriving. I should thank you.

One could perhaps call this tone incredulous.

14. Remixer

Remixer Middle Eastern Doofus

Thanks. Obviously the Tunisians are infidels for having democratic elections (which hopefully results in a proper democratically-elected Government) and a Sharia Law-based constitution, at the same time.

:rolleyes:

Baraka_Guru:

Source: http://www.cfr.org/religion-and-politics/middle-east-islam-democracy/p7708#p1

• Like Like x 1
  15. Eddie Getting Tilted

You see, there's a reason why free nations have a separation between church and state. You do understand why nations do that, right? It's because subjecting citizens to a religious code is not freedom and it completely stifles democracy. These arabs don't understand that because they have no concept of freedom or democracy. They live in atmosphere of religious conformity and dogma not in an atmosphere of freedom of speech, thought or expression.

16. Baraka_Guru

It doesn't completely stifle democracy, and no nation is completely free from the influence of religion.

Take the U.S., for example—one of the freest nations in the world. It's pretty much free as long as you are a straight Christian who doesn't want an abortion.

Islamic societies are more challenged by culture and politics than they are religion.

17. Eddie Getting Tilted

That wouldn't happen to be because their culture and politics are the direct products of their religion, could it?

18. Baraka_Guru

It depends on the issue. Many of the cultural and political issues aren't directly related to the Koran.

19. Remixer

Remixer Middle Eastern Doofus

That is the dumbest thing you've spouted on TFP so far, Eddie.

Karzai is deeply unpopular in Afghanistan. And his statement in support of Pakistan? Yeah, the Afghans are real happy about the prospect of helping their much-hated Muslim neighbour in the event of war with the US.

Really now? Long before Christians reached a state of "educational enlightenment" or the Secularists were able to turn many Christian countries secular, the Islamic world was the undisputed forefront for the existence and advancement of academic universities and science, by 1100 A.D.

Islam does not stifle knowledge (a high level of which needs the existence of freedom of thought), and it certainly does not stifle democracy.

I'm done responding to Eddie's uneducated, ill-informed and highly illogical conclusions in this Thread.

EDIT: As a parting gift to Eddie: :rolleyes:

20. Eddie Getting Tilted

Gonna have to call b.s. on this one. And if you can't support your statement with at least...say...five issues that aren't related to islam, I'm giving myself another point.
    --- merged: Oct 24, 2011 5:12 AM ---
    Thanks for the purple smilie. I will cherish it always. lol