1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Food KEURIG

Discussion in 'Tilted Food' started by DAKA, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

If you're no longer twenty-one, it doesn't matter.

2. Remixer

Remixer Middle Eastern Doofus

I AM IN COLLEGE DAMMIT.

I shall drink Red Bull as I please till I get my Bachelor's!

Hm... I did a trip this morning to a famous spot the expats in Dubai know all about. Came back with 4 liters of delicious Vodka. One 2-liter bottle Absolut, one 1-liter Skyy and one 1-liter 42 Below.

Tonight, I shall be stupid.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Baraka_Guru

Gauging by this response, I think what you really meant was: "I am drinking Red Bull as I please till I get my bachelor's!"

And where in hell is MeltedMetalGlob ? Doesn't he usually have a picture posted by now for this kind of thing?

Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
  4. Remixer

Friend: "Why the hell do you talk like that?"

Me: "Ya habibi, what you talking about? We Arabs have to -"

Friend: "We? I thought you're Afghan Nazi?"

Me: "I'm 25% Arab on my father's side. Either way, my point -"

Friend: "You're no fucking Arab, man. There's a reason we're called Sandniggers, not Mountainmonkeys like your Afghan people."

Me: "I know, your camel is beautiful too. As I was saying, we Arabs have to stick together and use our own brand of English. We will lose our identity to those infidel Americans and their dumbass way of talking English."

Friend: "Arabs don't talk like that. Where did you pick that up?"

Me: "Australia."

---

I know I had a point when I started writing...

5. Baraka_Guru

This, folks, is what we call taurine intoxication.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Random McRandom

Random McRandom Starry Eyed

wow. I think that's the first time I've ever heard Skyy and Absolut referred to as "delicious".

*puke*

7. Remixer

Can't be too selective when you're given X many options. Those were good.

And, when faced with a prolonged dryspell, Absolut definitely gets fucking delicious.

8. DAKA

DAKA DOING VERY NICELY, THANK YOU

???? How does FREEZING dilute vodka ?????
    Unless you have a freezer that goes to ??? below zero...you can't freeze it, just make it nice and cold..then ice will keep it cold, and if you haven't tried
    LUKSUSOWA potato vodka you should....I've never had any "ill effects" next day !!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Baraka_Guru

Take it from this Russian maybe? (Emphasis mine.)

Top Ten Vodka Rules (according to the Russian) « Like the Vodka

• Like Like x 3
  10. Random McRandom

...uhhh...

I'm pretty sure I said it dilutes the taste. If you don't think it can happen, then talk to the wine heads and see if I'm wrong. When you freeze a liquor that isn't supposed to be held at such a low temperature, it changes the body composition and fullness of the spirit, which in turns dilutes the taste. Vodka should never be more than just very slightly chilled in order to appreciate the tones and body of it. It's not like a wine where you have different things such as wood, fruit etc (unless you're drinking that obscenely stupid flavored stuff) but vodka nonetheless has unique tones and bodies which vary from brand, distill methods, filtration methods and what it originates from.

So... THAT'S how you "dilute" vodka.

but...

this thread is about coffee. Perhaps some of these need to be moved to Vodka!!! | The TFP

• Like Like x 1
  11. Remixer

Fuck coffee. All hail Vodka!

• Like Like x 1
  12. DAKA

So, I guess I GOT IT WRONG, I seem to remember that in many movies....spies, Russians, the bottle of Vodka shows up frozen in ICE
    Then again, there I go believing what I see in the movies.....
    And, have a go at this...I actually like my RED WINE chilled....WTF it's my fookin wine and I'll drink it how I likes it...so there.........

13. Cwtch38

Cwtch38 Bat Shit Crazy

I like my coffee hot, my vodka at room temperature and my red wine cold. And I am cracking on forty and drink red bull daily, or I would never stay awake.
    Monster is another fav :)

14. Random McRandom

Tis fine and dandy...just pointing out that you may be missing out on some of the greatness

15. Idyllic

Idyllic Vertical

Considering buying one. That's 6. No, really, I am thinking about it.

16. DAKA

NOW, back to what I started this about.
    What kind of coffee pods have you found that you REALLY LIKE for your KEURIG
    Enough about the F'ing VODKA aned that EVIL tasting crap RED BULL.....yuck...NASTY

17. CaptainBob

CaptainBob Slightly Tilted

Here in Kingston. we have President's Choice coffee for the Keurig. You get it at Loblaws. Instead of a plastic cup that gets a hole poked in the bottom, it has a filter bag. The Keurig machine only needs to poke a hole in the top. What this means is less plastic waste. It's a little slower. but tastes better. It comes in a foil-like pouch that holds 10 pods to keep it fresh. You get 4 pouches of 10 for $20. It comes in a couple of flavours. I always go for the boldest, darkest, strongest flavour, which I think they call Gourmet.

The Keurig machine is great for the office. I have the machine in my cubicle that is programmed to turn on at 7am and off at 3:30pm. All the co-workers keep their own K-cups and make sure the water tank is refilled. I don't have to buy cream because it's my coffee machine.

18. DAKA

OK, I had a thought....imagine that,..... I am going to try to get some of the actual ground coffee that they use in DD directly, maybe if I ask nicely they'll give me some in a cup and I can try it in my machine.