1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Little Victories

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by GeneticShift, Oct 18, 2013.

1. I'm now convinced that it really was the president. I replied with my business address for the refund and proceeded to lay out what the exact problems their product had, how their competitors did it better and cheaper, and how this product didn't compare to the quality of other products his company sold. But, I also commended him on his response to my complaint and thanked him for giving a damn. I compared his actions to how I would handle a similar situation in my business. He replied again with a nice, semi-personal message. I don't believe a staffer would have taken things to that level. I could be wrong. If I am, it speaks well of their training program.

How non-Comcast of them!

• Like Like x 5
  2. redux

redux Very Tilted

Little victory is pretty damn big - ticket to the VIP authors/poets reception Friday night for volunteering to work a four-hour shift at the National Book Festival on Saturday.

• Like Like x 4
  3. The check arrived, handwritten and signed by the president of the company. I like this guy, even if this particular product of his sucks ass.

4. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Yesterday morning the drip thingy in our coffeemaker got clogged (mesh filter was too full, overflowed and clogged the drip thingy) and it took the coffee quite a while to dip through. This morning it wouldn't draw the water not matter what I tried--checking the basket, checking the internal filter, turning it off & on several times, etc.

Finally twice I lifted it off the counter about an inch and let drop, the equivalent of smacking it. Lo and behold, it started drawing water and brewing coffee.

I'm not sure what will happen tomorrow am.

• Like Like x 1
  5. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Jesus. Wrote close to 8k words today. Last record was 5600. I guess that's what happens when your Internet keeps conking out.

6. snowy

I ran all my errands. I'm counting it as a victory given that I'm still trying to catch up from yesterday.

7. DamnitAll

DamnitAll Wait... what?

People keep randomly complimenting my face.

• Like Like x 6
  8. PlaysWithPixels

PlaysWithPixels Getting Tilted

I made it through the day.

9. As well they should!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jakey98 New Member

I managed to actually get some sleep yesterday without being woken up by what sounds like a college orgy from the upstairs dorms. Mission Accomplished, oh and I succesfully turned in an essay before 10 minutes due on my online college course.

11. snowy

Got the stuff my husband brought from storage sorted out and put away, which meant reshuffling two closets, but I think we have a good system in place now.

12. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Four and a half hours to go.

• Like Like x 1
  13. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Cleaned & organized today...got a lot of bulk out of the way.
    One more room to go...

Amazing what you can do when you're not distracted by trauma and illness. :rolleyes:

14. omega

omega Very Tilted

Looked at washers and dryers with my girlfriend. Looks like we may have found what we like. Also a suitable refrigerator. Then bought a twin xl mattress set and frame for her 17 year old son.

15. PlaysWithPixels

All my stuff that needed to be moved back to my parents is there. No more drives up there. Just waiting to hear word on the date, and I'll have one more long drive to move to Vegas. :)

16. DamnitAll

DamnitAll Wait... what?

My house is super clean.

17. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

18. snowy

Who's going back to work tomorrow? This girl.

I haven't taught 8th grade in over a year. I'm not afraid. It's going to be a good time!

• Like Like x 3
  19. PlaysWithPixels

Survived helping to plan one of the biggest parties of the year at work.... As an introvert... That is quite an accomplishment for me!

• Like Like x 4
  20. Between my daughter getting out on her own and some employment rules changes, QW and I will be reducing our health insurance premiums by @80% for 2015. Gonna free up almost $500 per month to plow into paying off the house and building our retirement nest egg a bit more quickly!

• Like Like x 4