1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

[Post a pic of your latest purchase]

Discussion in 'Tilted Gear' started by cis689, Feb 5, 2013.

1. whoknewhawtwife Vertical

Case for my new Samsung Galaxy S4...
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  2. MSD

MSD Very Tilted

I have a nifty fifty on my A2 and unless you need the extra stops or are shooting with something ridiculously fine like Technical Pan it gives excellent results.

3. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

[​IMG]

Bought a fire log again today.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

The rebel S does use the same EF mount len that my DSLR does, so I will no doubt just go with sub $100 F/1.8 for the long term option there. Any nicer lens I eventually end up buying for the newer cameras will be easily in the $500+ range.
    Already "wrote off" the 35-80mm as a dedicated budget macro and delighted for what it can do considering the cost.

5. Speed_Gibson

Picked up this beauty from the Post Office today. The all metal body feels wonderfully solid and has the best shutter sound I have ever heard. Finally settled on a FD mount 100-200mm lens that cost $16 with shipping that should be here in a few days and make this actually useful.
    Canon_FTb.jpg
    Compared to the Powershot that I almost used to take the picture above until I realised the obvious that it sucked horribly compared to the Nifty Fifty and was perhaps not even worthy to take such a picture.
    Canon_FTb_with_Powershot.jpg

6. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

In some ways the dig cam boom has been great for those who prefer film. I frequently find once very expensive SLR cams dirt cheap in thrift stores, nice lenses for cheap are more rare.

7. eyeronic

eyeronic New Member

Not allowed post links or pictures yet, but just got a projector for movies and video games at home. It's small, bright and has a battery that lasts for 90 minutes. Loving it so far! Recommended for a relatively inexpensive alternative to getting a giant TV.

LG Electronics PG65U Ultra Portable LED Projector with WXGA Resolution WiDi ATSC Tuner and Integrated Battery (On Amazon)
    --- merged: Nov 18, 2013 1:53 PM ---
    So nice. I have a Minolta srT101 from the 70s which still take great photos. Developing is much more expensive than it used to be, but it's worth it.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2013
  8. Speed_Gibson

I am sending it a to camera service shop to get new light seals and a general servicing but no complaints at all for what it cost me on ebay. It has already lasted 40 years as it is and should outlast all of my current digital gear by decades.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2013
  9. [​IMG]

Ordered one of these today.
    Snow Joe 18 in. iON Cordless Electric Snow Blower with Rechargeable Ecosharp Battery

I swore I'd never own a gas-powered (noise, fuel storage, maintenance), and the corded models aren't practical for a corner double lot. The reviews have been great. Thinking I may order a second battery, though.
    We're good for two or three 6+ inch snowfalls, and the past several years, 10+ inches are more frequent. I'm a slovenly almost 60 year old and QW just got a script for blood pressure meds. Shoveling the heavy stuff is getting to be detrimental to our quality of life. Hope I don't have to use it often.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

We have a thread for that.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

A bottle of Dr. Hoptagon.
    I have the giggles.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  12. Stan

Stan Resident Dumbass

Updating selected toys while I'm employed. Next up is my camera. Picking up one these to replace my D200:

[​IMG]
    I'm opting for factory refurbished to save money. I've already got a stupidly expensive Nikon 17-55mm f/2.8g ED that will do nicely as my primary lens.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

Nice.

I got myself a D5100 a couple(?) years back. It's nice to play around with and I like having it but wish I spent more time learning all, at least more, of what it can do. I know in better hands it could do fantastic things. I often look at photos from my smartphone and think they look nearly as nice as those taken on my Nikon... that just isn't right.

14. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

After reading all the camera posts, I'm feeling the urge to dig out my old Canon AE-1. Hmmm.

So, I just bought one of these:

[​IMG]

My very first smart phone. Should be here tomorrow. I'm still having mixed feelings about the whole thing.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

My Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7" came in early, yesterday.
    Looks a lot like your phone, @CinnamonGirl .

(not my personal pic)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

The camera on the S4 is pretty good and fun to play with. It's better than my point-and-shoot. It doesn't do well in low lighting, but the flash works well and isn't as garish as some smartphone flashes can be. I like having a decent camera in my pocket at all times. The downside is that I have thousands of pictures to go through.

17. wolf Evil Grin

Just picked up one of these for reading.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  18. The days of buying stuff for me are over.....

[​IMG]

19. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

One of these days I'm going to have to join the 21st century and get an e-reader. My wife mentioned getting me one for Xmas back in '12, but I said no, I'm happy getting my (paper) books from thrift stores, resale shops, etc. on the cheap. And I still am.

20. PLUS...e-readers don't smell like books.

• Like Like x 1