1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Texas Judge Beats Disabled Daughter on Video

Discussion in 'Found on the Net' started by Jozrael, Nov 2, 2011.

1. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

The mother and the daughter were both interviewed on the Today show this morning. The mother says that her husband is an addict and she left the marriage some years ago, but he continues to harass her too. If you can find it and you're interested in this case, it is worth watching.

2. Then I hope the bastard gets beaten senseless on a regular basis in this one. I hope, when he is old he is put in a home where the staff abuse him, and that his voice is not listened to as he is dismissed as an elderly nut job. Funny thing your limitation on time - we dont have that here I think, as we see lots of nasty old cases coming up where children were abused - often many years before - some decades. Your law needs changing.

3. the_jazz

the_jazz Accused old lady puncher

4. Random McRandom

Random McRandom Starry Eyed

The AP is reporting that the county and Texas Rangers are also investigating and could bring charges so I'm highly doubtful of any statute of limitations problem here. I'm pretty sure that most states have no statute of limitations on felonies, only misdemeanors. I could be wrong, but if they are considering bringing charges, that tells me there is no statute of limitations issue here. Also, with the judicial committee investigating and a substitute judge taking over his docket, it's highly likely that he'll at the very least lose his seat on the bench.

5. the_jazz

the_jazz Accused old lady puncher

Sorry, but I know you're wrong about statutes of limitation on felonies. Most states DO have them. I'd be surprised if all 50 didn't have them. There are some CRIMES that don't have statues of limitation, like murder, attempted murder, etc.

But I agree about losing his seat. I can't see any peer review passing him based on the video and the outcry. He's going to be looking for a new job soon.

6. Random McRandom

Random McRandom Starry Eyed

Ok so I'm wrong. My attorney has told me that NC doesn't have a statute of limitations on any felonies (not that I had to worry about those) but we regularly have drinks together. Granted, he's a civil attorney so he could be off on that as well. Perhaps I should ask the attorney that I pay a monthly retaining fee too that I have in case I find myself on the wrong side of the law.

Either way it doesn't matter, since the powers that be are investigating and considering pressing charges as reported by the AP. I can't imagine that they would spend the money or man hours on it if they know that a limitation like this is in place. At least I can smile about him losing his seat especially considering the cases that he presides over. As a victim of brutal child abuse from my mother..(I don't actually call her that as she abused me and my sister with fists and knives, including throwing my sis down a flight of stairs) I hope this fucker gets some good ol' Texas style justice.

7. Jazz - I was thinking of Guernsey - where children were killed in the cellar of a childrens home and tortured there. A place where children were taken on 'sailing trips' - its not clear if they all made it back to port, but questionable.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-jersey-15488518
    Twitter
    --- merged: Nov 4, 2011 4:55 PM ---
    Oh yes, forgot. The abuse goes back to the 70's, but only in recent years did anyone take notice of the voices of these surviving former children. He can not work as a judge - childrens services it said, did not want him hearing any cases - so I think that will help stop him being re-elected. Why should others have to take up his slack. If he thinks his behaviour is normal and acceptable - he should be sent to the funny farm where he can reside until he proves himself sane and no longer a danger to anyone.

8. Jozrael New Member

Taking a second look at this (not having just watched the video), I'm wondering where we draw the line. While complexities such as this make me hesitant to even consider using corporal punishment on my future children, there's a big difference between deciding what I feel is personally ethical and what I feel is so egregious that I feel justified in judging the actions of others.

We might be overdue as a society for a legal examination of the boundaries of legally acceptable corporal punishment and broadcasting that out for consistency. I personally don't know if the previously mentioned definition of abuse in this thread is comprehensive enough when it comes to physical pain.

9. Fly

Fly music is the answer

i'm just gonna add..........that I'd like to whip that fucker like he did his child..........

nasty son of a bitch

10. Fly

Fly music is the answer

well put Craven.........well put

11. May his slide down into the mire be rapid. He is going to get so hurt in prison - he can 'take it like a woman'. Is mommy dearest facing charges for her part in it?

12. Carbonic

Carbonic Getting Tilted

There will be no charges - too much time has passed - but he may lose his position on the bench due to ethics.

13. Someone, somewhere, must have dirt on him.

14. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

Hi, @ChineseCrested :)

I reckon he and mommy dearest are already feeling the effects of their friends and associates having seen that video. I don't know if they'll get sent to Coventry, but I bet they'll be feeling at least some freeze.

15. Morning Zen. Old style shunning, I heard, was often used as a punishment from ones social group, and the fear of it once used to be a deterrent. I was talking to a woman once and said I wouldnt use a tradesman if I knew he beat his wife, and she asked did I honestly think it would make a difference. It made a difference to me as I dont condone such behaviour.
    A friend of my years and similar short height saw a man beating his dog last week. He had fed it chilli the night before, and the dog had an upset tummy and an accident in the night, so he took it outside for a beating. Friend said she gave him 'a taste of what he had been giving the dog' and she 'lifted' the dog. It has cigarrett burns on its hind legs, there is no way she would ever hand it back to its former torturer.
    They must be looking behind them constantly, hopefully they will know no peace because their own guilt will torment them - but I also hope he gets a damn good kicking or three.

16. jerseyboy Vertical

I really wish this guy got a lot more than a simple slap on the wrist, but I think a lot more needs to be said about the mother. She participated in the beatings and most likely said nothing for a number of years while they went on. Just because she supports her daughter now does not absolve her of guilt. I'm also a little suspicious regarding the daughter's timing of the release of the video, but that does not make the father any less guilty.

17. pan6467

pan6467 a triangle in a circular world.

I don't see leaving and coming back as "reasonable" for ANY situation.

Here's what the mom said according to this link, http://gawker.com/5855901/abusive-judge-even-less-sympathetic-after-interview

Just sickening, the mother probably was a "pogo wife" downloaded the games, flirted with men and blamed the daughter. The mother also may have been scared she would get it from his royal ass, also, but she did appear to enjoy it as much as her husband. SICK SICK bitch and bastard.