1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

You know you're getting old when....

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by Baraka_Guru, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

I could see that one coming...;)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

Good song. Great setting!
    She's so gorgeous. I remember the song all over the radio though I was quite young. <eye flutter>
    Scuttlebutt is that the song is referring to Mick Jagger. I believe Carly continues to discount that, tho'.

3. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

When you start groaning, when you are just thinking about getting up off of the couch...

• Like Like x 3
  4. Maybe, maybe not. Been an ongoing mystery since it was released.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You're_So_Vain

You know you're old if you bought this album when it was released.

• Like Like x 1
  5. itwasme

itwasme But you'll never prove it.

It took me a good 3 minutes to figure out this one. *chuckles*

• Like Like x 1
  6. Random McRandom

Random McRandom Starry Eyed

When most of the movies and music are remakes of remakes..and everyone swears it's some new brilliant song or movie.

• Like Like x 7
  7. uncle phil

uncle phil Moderator Emeritus (and sorely missed) Staff Member Donor

and i always thought it was about warren beaty...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Tophat665

Tophat665 Slightly Tilted

Was at a party at a club this weekend. 200 people in the room and the DJ had set an appropriate volume for about 500. So the missus and I dipped out. Friend of mine walking in asked if I was going. I said, "Yep. It's too loud. Apparently, I'm too old." She didn't get the "If it's too loud you're too old reference."

Apparently, I'm getting old.

You know you're getting old when your credit card is old enough to vote.
    .... when you've been able to drink so long that people conceived the first night you could drink legally no longer need their fake IDs.
    .... when you realize that the President is not too much older than you.
    .... when you have to remind yourself that the reason the past is starting to look better is Sturgeon's Law, not the past Being better.

• Like Like x 2
  9. SuburbanZombie

SuburbanZombie Housebroken

...when the easy setting on video games is difficult.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

Thought it was Warren Beatty

• Like Like x 1
  11. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

He was one of the names thrown around. Both guys were/are rich enough to charter a plane to see 'the total eclipse of sun.'
    --- merged: Nov 7, 2011 9:25 PM ---
    I wasn't getting quite enough allowance at the time to buy a copy of the LP though I started babysitting the next year and went to town buying LP's & 45's.
    Thanks for the history of You're So Vain. Boy, has Ms. Simon gotten a LOT of mileage out of that song.

12. uncle phil

uncle phil Moderator Emeritus (and sorely missed) Staff Member Donor

can't forget this one...

[​IMG]

13. itwasme

itwasme But you'll never prove it.

When you have to ask your kids to "fix" the television, because you accidentally hit the wrong button.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Indigo Kid

Indigo Kid Getting Tilted

When you "groan or grunt outloud" as you get up and outta your car! Then you look around to make sure no one saw or heard you doing that!!!

15. SuburbanZombie

SuburbanZombie Housebroken

When gardening becomes a hobby.
    When you hear a new song on the radio and it takes most of the song before you realize its a cover and the rest of the song to remember who did it first.

• Like Like x 4
  16. You can't eat certain types of foods after 8pm or you won't be able to sleep. But it doesn't matter cause you fall asleep on the couch at 7:30pm every night anyway.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

You know you're getting old when you hear the words 'English Major' and your first thought is of an officer in the Queen's Army.:rolleyes:

Lindy

18. Innocentmiss

Innocentmiss Getting Tilted

You know you're getting old when everyone who was in your year at school has a car, house, husband and children! I pretend not to be old by only obtaining the first on the list! I always was slow at school!

19. Joniemack

Joniemack Beta brainwaves in session

You know you're getting old when everyone who remembers who Danny Thomas was has forgotten who he was.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Ozmanitis

Ozmanitis Trust in your will and Hope will burn bright!

When you tell your kids about how much fun flying a kite can be...and they laugh at you.

• Like Like x 1